01 Feb Who can have Dental Implants?
Here at Brandlesholme Dentistry we have a lot of patients asking “Are implants the right choice for me?”. Dental Implants are the current gold standard to replace missing teeth.
What are the benefits having Dental Implants?
- Implants can improve the quality of your life!
- You can start to enjoy your favourite foods again.
- They allow you to preserve the bone and keep your own teeth in the correct position.
- If you are wearing removable dentures and they are causing you problems. Let us help you throw them away and give you back fixed teeth.
- Age is no boundary
- You can restore your smile
Implants need healthy bone to function. If you do not have the right amount of bone required, no need to be disappointed! We have safe and predictable techniques for rebuilding the required amount of bone. We will use x-rays, CT scans to thoroughly assess what treatment is required.
What is a dental implant?
A Dental implant is a small post (usually titanium) that is inserted, under local anaesthetic, into the jaw bone. They are used to replace missing teeth and to act as a support for a crowns or dentures.
Who will be taking care of you?
Here at Brandlesholme dentistry we are lucky enough to have two implantologists:
- Dr Rahim Kanji BDS, MSc (Dist) Dental Implantology
- Dr Thomas Hobbs BCHD
Don’t let your concerns stand in the way of simply getting the right advice.
*There are very few situations where implants cannot be used.