11 Jun CoVid-19 Update: We Are Open
You may have heard that dental practices can open to routine care from Monday 8 June.
Our practice will be opening on that day but we just wanted to be clear that this may not be business as usual. The treatments you are offered may be different to those you received before, depending on staff and equipment available. It will take some time before services return to what you previously experienced as normal. Please be patient.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our surgery. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our practice follows infection control guidelines made by the governing bodies. We are up-to-date on new guidance that has been issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment
- We have installed a patient portal system where you will receive a text message or email this will enable you to complete your updated details, medical history and any other documentation the practice may need you to complete prior to attending the practice. This allows your journey to become smoother and reduce your contact with the reception team. We will be asking for payments to be made at the booking stage of your appointment and taken over the phone or contactless on our card machine if this can not be done prior. Cash will be ask to be limited use only.
- On arrival we ask you to stay in your car or outside the practice until your appointment time to limit your time in the practice to adhere to our social distancing and staff safety.
- When you enter the practice we will take your temperature (and record it), and ask you to sanitise you hands.
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your
- Due to extremely limited appointment availability due to Covid19 we have decided to implement a no failed appointment rule. This will mean if you miss or short notice more than one appointment at the practice, we will automatically remove you from our patient list and we cannot offer you any further appointments at the practice. This has been an extremely difficult decision for us, and we hope you all understand, but due to how precious our appointment times are now we have had to make this decision. We are also asking for 48 hours cancellation notice to allow us time to offer your appointment to another patient in need.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
- Payment should be made by card where possible
- Staff will not shake your hand
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
- Patients should come wearing a mask if possible.
Michael Fern and Team